We possess diverse products based on self-developed catalyst technology and synthesis processes. Therefore, we can develop and supply customer grade materials that combine diverse grades to meet customer needs.
Bio-based plastics are made from renewable sources instead of petroleum, which can help to reduce the dependency on limited fossil resources. Moreover, some bio-based plastics that are biodegradable/compostable can degrade into CO2, water and biomass, which helps to divert biowaste from landfill and increase waste management efficiency.
The most important differences come from 2 main factors:
– Product compostability: AFC materials are fully compostable in a short time (less than 1 year) under natural burial or industrial composting treatment. Meanwhile, conventional plastics take hundreds or even thousands of years to decompose.
– The content of harmful substances emitted into the environment during the decomposition process: The decomposition of our materials produces humus, CO2, and water. Meanwhile, the decomposition of conventional plastic creates microplastics – very small matters that easily enter water sources as well as human and animal food chains.
Compostable polymers are produced by a esterification and polycondensation reaction between Alcohol Diol and Carboxylic diacid. These polymers are compounded in addition to TPS or Inorganic fillers like talc or CaCO3 in different ratios to make AFC’s compostable resins.
AFC materials can be applied to various products such as bags (shopping bags, food bags, trash bags, etc.), cutlery, containers, trays, gloves, cups, and lids, etc. Please check the product information for details.
There is pretty much nothing that bioplastics cannot do. For almost every conventional plastic material and application, there is a bioplastic alternative available that offers the same or in some cases better properties and functionalities.
Today, biodegradable bioplastics are mainly being used in the following market segments:
• Packaging (including flexible and rigid packaging)
• Consumer goods & household appliances
• Automotive & transportation
• Building & construction
• Agriculture & horticulture
• Electronics & electrics
The processing of biodegradable bioplastic products can be completely created using conventional machinery.